…this crazy city and all the weirdness and greatness that comes with it.
- Watermelon Museum: yes. It exists. It’s a real thing. And it’s on Happiness Road (not joking)
- Stick bugs (reminded me of my childhood, visiting my cousin who had a pet stick bug)-old, blue buses that made me feel like a kid.
- Birds on a telephone wire, waiting for them to fly but getting impatient.
- Cute kids getting all giddy by an unfamiliar face.
- A warm, welcoming family making bread (AMAZING) and noodles from scratch.
- Unnecessary junk to buy at Yaxiu Market.
- Xidan Food market where there are thousands among thousands of stalls selling every type of produce you can imagine.
- Unexpectedly meeting an artist and her husband that turned out to be phenomenal artists, showing me their studio with incredible paintings and sculptures and pictures posed with Kevin Spacey.
Every day it’s something new. And 300% random.